Sunday, September 13, 2009

cinnamonnamon...

Cinnamon. 
   Cinnamon conjures up the good feelings of all things cozy and warm. It could be that pinch on a cup of hot cocoa or the mark on a freshly brewed cappuccino. It could be that fifth spice to a great pumpkin pie or the wafting smell of freshly baked cinnamon buns... mmm.. now those are good! Cinnamon is defiantly a fall/winter essential, it's not quite fall until you've smelled the sweet spicy powder of this wonderful bark. I know in my house it starts with cinnamon scented pine-cones and seems to go on from there.

  Not quite gracing our house with cinnamon scented pine-cones yet... but I have decided to try my hand at some cinnamon baked goods.

Hmmm... still deciding. 

In the mean time, check out last night's dinner: one pan roasted goodness. I got a little lazy.   I think I have come to believe that sometimes lazy can be a good thing. Especially when it comes out looking like this!

Ps. Hope you all had a great weekend!!  And for any fellow Truebies out there, wasn't last nights finale amazing!