Saturday, May 7, 2011

happy mother's day


So I made my mom some pretty special little chocolate puddings for mother's day. She's not the biggest chocolate fan, but every once in a while she's all for it and considering I made her a proper roast dinner to go along with it, where she just might have happened to be more excited about the carrot mash then the chocolate puddings.
Total opposite to me right there.
I just wanted to wish all the mother's out there the best of days and to my awesome Mom. Love you!
Here she is rocking a side pony tail back in the day. Love it.

mom1989

rich dark chocolate pots

1/2 cup cream
200g chocolate 70% or higher (chopped)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs

In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cream and let simmer. Add the vanilla, stir in the chopped chocolate until melted and smooth. Add the sugar and whisk in the egg yolks until glossy. Place in small cups or shot glasses and refrigerate to set for at least 2-4 hrs. Add cookie crumbs to top and serve.
makes 8-10