|Summer Squash Galore!|
- Summer Ratatouille: A volunteer gave me this simple French recipe last year and it utilizes many of the delicious summer veggies we have at SAGE right now!
What you'll need: Onion, garlic, eggplant, summer squash, peppers, tomatoes, oil, thyme
|Ratatouille is a great way to utilize peppers and eggplant|
1) Heat oil in a large pot over medium to low heat and add onions and garlic until soft.
2) In a large skillet add some oil and saute veggies up *except the tomatoes* (one at a time...first the eggplant, then peppers, etc)
3) Once each batch is sauteed, add them to the large pot
4) Season pot mix with salt and pepper, add thyme. Cover and cook at medium heat for 15 - 20 mins.
5) Add tomatoes to pot and cook another 10 - 15 minutes.
6) Stir occasionally.
7) Enjoy all your delicious garden produce!
If you find you have too much produce to use right now, think about storing it for the winter (freezing, dehydrating, canning, etc) or sharing with your neighbors! Happy Eating!